Since the Kalashnikov invention in the world has produced more than 70 million copies of the AK as licensed, and without it. This figure represents 20% of the total number of all weapons on the planet. Needless to say, that the Kalash good. But it can be made even better.
Gun tuning is not to be confused with the car: at the forefront here is not efficiency, but effectiveness. Even the word «tuning» gunsmiths understand completely literally translated to English means adjusting the tuning, adjustment. In the army such improvements is deemed excessive, but the arrow-athletes and members of the special forces appreciate their ability to tailor the weapon to fit their anatomical peculiarities and special challenges, to merge with him into one whole.
Russian and foreign manufacturers offer many accessories for the most popular machine in the world. Conditionally they can be divided into three categories (indicated on the diagram by different colours): the first group includes those that make the weapon more comfortable, the second — changing characteristics of a shot to third to help the arrow hit right on target.
1. Anatomic handle fire control makes the grip more comfortable. In addition to the grooves for the fingers and non-slip coating some arms have replaceable pads of different thicknesses that help the arrows with different size hands to make the weapon comfortable for yourself.
2. Front tactical grip offers a more comfortable grip than normal «for the fore-end» or «store», each of which has disadvantages. In the first case, the hand can slide along the forearm, so the arrow has to greatly compress it, which can cause muscle tension and trembling of arms. Grip «store» reduces front projection arrow, making it inconvenient target for the enemy. But in this case to keep the weapons can only be bent by hand, making the grip less hard. Tactical grip solves these problems: placing it at an optimal distance from the shoulder, the shooter may hold the weapon without much effort.
3. Handle reloading in the normal version is fine and smooth, if you work in a gloved hand can with her to get out. To correct the situation will help so-called «barrel» is the cylinder easy grip with non-slip notches.
4. Fuse / translator fire on the Kalashnikov does not allow to perform all operations with one hand holding the weapon, without lifting it from the handle fire control. Improved translator / fuse has an additional ledge, resting in which the index finger can be used to switch the fire mode or remove the weapon from the guard with one hand.
5.Retractable stock-adjustable length and height will provide the correct «tab» shooters with different length arms and neck. Some butts are equipped with height-adjustable cheek piece that is very important when shooting at long distances. The cheek piece can be plastic or rubber. In addition to increasing comfort overall good material helps to avoid the burn in the heat or freeze in the cold.
6.Muzzle brake-compensator (DTK) is a small cylindrical nozzle which has holes or slots on the housing. Coming out of these vents powder gases to create a reaction force that compensates for the impact and toss the barrel when fired. Arrow less «shaking» and «pushing», and shooting becomes more accurate. DTK can be equipped with a «crown», is useful when the hard detention of the criminal.
Disadvantages of DTK is that with it the machine rumbles like the real gun! If others don’t use special small headphones, they risk to get a decent concussion. In addition, the powder gases up and laterally out a powerful jet stream, and if the shooter works at the group, his neighbor may get a real push from the side or even burn. One caveat — prone: the author personally witnessed a shooter with DTK has received a strong portion of sand right in the face. That is why DTK is mostly used only in sports.
7. The flash suppressor, aka afterburner, degorter, scrambler, in contrast to the DTK, has no holes on the side and only a great trumpet from the front. The device eliminates muzzle flash, helping to conceal the location of the arrow from the enemy and eliminate the illumination of their own night vision device. Also the flash suppressor partially masks the sound of the shot, making it fuzzy: the enemy will be much harder for a hearing to determine where the shot was fired, although the sound he hears. Minus the flash Hider that out and toss a weapon he does not suppress and may even slightly increase. The device hardly applicable in sports, but common in the forces.
8. The device silent shooting, he’s a silencer is a type of arrester, which is used to eliminate the sound of a gunshot and muzzle flash. The size is far superior to the flash suppressor and has only one hole in the front, of the same caliber as the ammunition used. Muzzle flash extinguishes completely, the sound reduces to the level of the click, indistinguishable from a distance in the 20 m. However, one should not forget that the result of PBS will give only when you use special subsonic rounds.
9. Picatinny rail (or rarer counterpart — weaver) is a special system rail mounts for installation of additional equipment and adjustment of his position on the gun. Most sighting devices are standard fixtures of this type. Strap can be obtained in the composition of the removable side bracket that attaches to guides-type «dovetail» on the left side of the Kalashnikov assault rifle, or just equip the weapon parts with integrated Picatinny rail. Usually, we are talking about the handguard, receiver cover or the cover of the receiver.
10. The telescopic sight magnifies the target image, so good for shooting at long distances, more than 200-300 m. it Has a sighting grid with a scale of amendments to the vertical (distance, temperature and air density) and horizontally (into the wind, the movement of the target). Amendments can be entered and using tactical drums, combining in advance the center of the reticle with point of impact. Minus the «optics» that before aiming the shooter needs to build an absolutely straight line between the eye, the monocular gun sight and reticle, otherwise it just will not see the picture.
11. Reflex sight doesn’t increase the target, but not the glass projects a label that indicates the place of bullets. The beauty of a collimator in that it is not necessary to build a line of sight: even if the shooter’s eye is not strictly in front of the sight, he still will see a label that will indicate the point of impact. Sights can be like daytime and day / night. Brightness label regulated under different lighting conditions. The reflex sight is good for distances up to 100-200 meters For firing at long distances you can use a special magnifying attachment, usually three times. In addition to magnifying you can also install the nozzle, night vision or thermal imaging.
12. Tactical flashlight usually has a large capacity of light and in the direction of his directly in the eye can blind the enemy for a long time. Usually lights are shockproof and waterproof to withstand the vibration from shooting and do not disconnect, if the operative has to work in difficult climatic conditions. They may have several brightness modes, including strobe mode, which is relevant when the employee stormed the room and he needs to disorient the offender. The lights are visible and working in the infrared spectrum and detectable only in a night vision device.
13. Laser target designator (LTD) provides a laser beam that indicates where the bullet will strike directly on goal. The distance that can «beat» laser pointer, huge. LCC, as the lights are visible and the infrared. Give the last mark invisible to the observer, not the armed PNV. The spetsnaz group may absolutely to quietly approach the enemy and destroy it with aimed fire, using night vision devices and infrared laser designators. Thus the opponent won’t know what he had on the sight. LCC can be combined with standard and infrared lights, to be integrated into the collimator sights.